Making headlines this week is South African runner, Caster Semenya, who raised eyebrows by winning the World Championship in the 800 meters, and then raised doubts by, well, looking like a dude. One can only speculate what the outcome will be, but there are a few observations I’ve come up with to this point that I’d like to share.
- Dude does look like a lady man.
- Quite an embarrassing ordeal for him/her to go through, regardless of the result.
- You can’t spell Semenya without Semen!
- Her/his name totally reminds me of Juwanna Mann.
- Lastly, this is precisely why we shouldn’t have women’s sports (except those which men do not compete in e.g. field hockey, gymnastics, curling, etc.) Clearly, some “men” see the women’s ranks as a secondary division, where they can chop their junk off and still get a taste of Olympic glory. Eliminate women’s track, basketball, whatever… and we don’t have this problem! (yes, i’m completely kidding)
August 24th, 2009 at 8:58 am
This is merely more of the same ol’ sh_t one would come to expect in the world of track & field. As it is they’ve (IAAF) made changes their rules concerning the participation of the transgendered athletes. So where will it all end ?
IOC and IAAF rules on transgendered females…. click on link to view.
Make of it what you will .